Sunday, March 24, 2013

Diffrent

 
Pictures belong to me (c) Skraps Inc.

Performing artists that night.

When I was younger I really never had a taste for Rap, Hip Hop, or even Pop Music, it didn't suit me and I didn't care for it much, I respected it but it just never made my 'must listen + add on playlist status'. I thought for the longest time I would just acknowledge it and grow up never bothering to listen to it, let alone give it a second chance. An yet here I am writing a blog post about it, don't know how it happened nor do I really care; just want to say thanks to all of the artist that night. 

After going to this event presented by Rhyme Street-held at Silk City Diner; (Host: Myke Storm, DJ: Benzi Musiq) I opened my eyes to a whole new chapter in my life; all this because I was simply asked by a friend to take pictures of the event. 
Not going to lie though, I was pretty nervous mostly because I didn't own a fancy camera or fancy lenses that would produce the most amazing shots ever witness by man kind. Yet I decided to accept the offer anyways despite my fear of being ridiculed, and shot everything like my life depended on it all while being fueled and driven by the tunes and lyrics of these wonderful artists each time they got on stage, all different in their respected ways.

Lets just say, it was a really [ different ] night to everything I usually experienced. 

Some final thoughts about this event; Though I'm not musically talented to comment let alone critique on each artist work individually, I can honestly say that this is a whole other level of hip-hop that more people need to hear, or at least experience at least once if anything else.

-Skraps Inc.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment